Moving the Needle on Water Use Efficiency
Water Use Efficiency Info and Tools to Assist Retail Water Agencies
New tools and assistance are available from SAWPA to help water agencies in the Santa Ana River Watershed implement water use efficiency programs and conservation-based rate structures. The tools focus on demand management, customer engagement and compliance with new water use efficiency legislation signed by the Governor in May 2018, which will affect your agency.
Reasons to partner with SAWPA:
- Identify inefficient water users who would benefit from agency programs and outreach.
- Improve water resource demand forecasts.
- Comply with regulations on agency-wide water budgets as required by the legislation – Senate Bill 606 and Assembly Bill 1668 – that implement the Governor’s policy to Make Water Conservation a California Way of Life.
- Respond to customer billing inquiries.
- Provide measurements of irrigable/irrigated areas for water audits.
Click on the links below to learn more about the individual components offered to agencies and how to participate